Join us in Cambridge on Friday, November 15th, 2019 for a conference on excellence and innovation in teaching negotiation.
The Teaching Negotiation Resource Center (TNRC) at the inter-university Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School is pleased to announce that the 2019 Negotiation Pedagogy Conference will take place on Friday, November 15th, 2019 at Harvard Law School.
If you are a negotiation teacher or trainer looking for new ways to teach negotiation and improve your instructional techniques, join us to learn about important advances in negotiation pedagogy.
Speakers will include:
- Lakshmi Balachandra, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at Babson College.
- Gabriella Blum, Rita E. Hauser Professor of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law at Harvard Law School.
- Toby Berkman, Senior Associate at the Consensus Building Institute and affiliated faculty at the Program on Negotiation.
- Alain Lempereur, Alan B. Slifka Professor, Director of the Conflict Resolution and Coexistence Program at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University, and Executive Committee Member of the Program on Negotiation.
- Brian Mandell, Mohammad Kamal Senior Lecturer in Negotiation and Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School, and Vice Chair for Executive Education for the Program on Negotiation.
- Melissa Manwaring, Senior Lecturer at Babson College.
- Lawrence Susskind, Ford Foundation Professor of Urban and Environmental Planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Vice Chair of Pedagogy at the Program on Negotiation.
- Bruno Verdini, Lecturer of Urban Planning and Negotiation at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Rachel Viscomi, Assistant Clinical Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and Director of the Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinic.
This one-day conference will run from approximately 8am to 6pm on Friday November 15th, and is an excellent opportunity to connect with and learn from a wide array of teachers and trainers. The registration fee is $75 per participant, and registration will close on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019. To register, please click below:
Negotiation Pedagogy Conference 2019 – REGISTER NOW
Take your training to the next level with the TNRC
The Teaching Negotiation Resource Center offers a wide range of effective teaching materials, including
- Over 250 negotiation exercises and role-play simulations
- Critical case studies
- Enlightening periodicals
- More than 30 videos
- 100-plus books
TNRC negotiation exercises and teaching materials are designed for educational purposes. They are used in college classroom settings or corporate training settings; used by mediators and facilitators seeking to introduce their clients to a process or issue; and used by individuals who want to enhance their negotiation skills and knowledge.
Negotiation exercises and role-play simulations introduce participants to new negotiation and dispute resolution tools, techniques and strategies. Our videos, books, case studies, and periodicals are also a helpful way of introducing students to key concepts while addressing the theory and practice of negotiation.
Check out all that the TNRC has in store >>
I am interested in attending the Negotiation Pedagogy Conference 2019 but please advise the start time and end time of the session. Thanks.
I have forwarded your message to the person responsible for the event.
Wondering if there is a room block reserved at any hotel for this event? Thanks for your time.
There is no room block reserved for the event.
Is there any chance that some of this would be online at some point? I would love to attend but am not able to get to Cambridge that day.
Unfortunately the Conference will not be online.
Is this conference usually held every semester?
Sorry, no it is not held every semester.
The earliest flight from Baltimore gets in at 7:50. Does the substantive part of the program start promptly at 8:00?
The introductory session begins at 9 and the first breakout sessions start at 10.
Thank you very much. I am very interested and would love to attend but unfortunately do have a teaching committment on that same day.
Do you already plan to host another negotation teaching conference some time in the future? And if so, do you have date for the next one?
Thanks a lot in advance.
We do not currently have another conference planned.
Thank you, Gail, for you quick answer. I hope the conference will be a total success, hence with many requests for another cycle of it.
Which Airport is the closest to fly to if I am coming from Toronto Canada?
Boston Logan airport is the closest.