The Program on Negotiation offers a number of courses taught by leading Harvard faculty and experts in the field of negotiation, mediation, and conflict management. The offerings range from one-day sessions to semester-length courses. Participants come from around the world from both the profit and non-profit sectors, as well as from a variety of industries, including business, government, law, and education.
- Negotiation and Leadership – three-day course on a variety of topics that train professionals to become more successful negotiators.
- In-depth sessions – additional one-day sessions that address tough negotiation problems.
- Mediation at PON - Online – week-long training workshops that incorporate theory with practical examples, case studies, and interactive discussion.
- PON Semester Programs – semester-length courses on negotiation and mediation for participants from all disciplines and professions.
- The Negotiation Master Class – first-of-its-kind program that offers unprecedented access to negotiation experts from Harvard and MIT and allows participants to take part in dynamic exercises with two-way feedback, work closely with faculty members to develop a strategy that addresses their personal negotiation challenges and participate in intensive simulations. Open to experienced negotiators and PON alumni only.
- PON Global – This new three-day program takes place at designated partner facilities in host countries, and largely mirrors the extremely popular Executive Education program that PON has offered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for more than 30 years.
Negotiation and Leadership - Three-Day Course
Designed to accelerate your negotiation capabilities, Negotiation and Leadership examines core decision-making challenges, analyzes complex negotiation scenarios, and provides a range of competitive and cooperative negotiation strategies. Whether you’re an experienced executive or and up-and-coming manager – working in the private or public sector – this program will help you shape important deals, negotiate in uncertain environments, improve working relationships, claim (and create) more value, and resolve seemingly intractable disputes. In short, this three-day executive education program will prepare you to achieve better outcomes at the table, every single time.
One-Day, In-depth Sessions
The one-day, in-depth sessions are designed to be taken in conjunction with the three-day Negotiation and Leadership seminar and offer participants the opportunity to focus on a particular subject. The one-day course is taught by a PON professor who has literally, “written the book” about the topic. Topics range from Bargaining to the Devil, to International Negotiations to 3D Negotiation: Superior Set-Up and Design.
Mediation at PON — Online
The goal of mediation is for a neutral third party to help disputants come to consensus on their own. Rather than imposing a solution, a professional mediator works with the conflicting sides to explore the underlying interests beneath their positions. The Program on Negotiation offers a number of mediation programs that will provide your with core mediation skills as well as with advanced programs that care take your mediation skills to the next level.
PON Semester Programs
Open to participants from all disciplines and professional fields, the PON Semester Programs are semester-length courses designed to increase awareness and understanding of successful conflict resolution efforts.
Two seminars will be taught this fall: Negotiation and Dispute Resolution runs on Tuesdays for 11 weeks and Mediation and Conflict Management runs on Mondays for 10 weeks. Both programs provide participants with a conceptual framework and practical advice for professional and personal development in dispute resolution. Faculty is drawn from the PON community of scholars and practitioners of alternative dispute resolution.
Harvard Negotiation Master Class
The program is highly personalized and taught by four negotiation experts from Harvard and MIT. If you are selected to participate, you will be assigned to small learning groups, take part in dynamic exercises with two-way feedback, work closely with faculty members to develop a strategy that addresses personal negotiation challenges, and participate in intensive simulations.
You will emerge from this program a highly skilled and confident negotiator who can drive negotiations, salvage relationships, and achieve better outcomes at the bargaining table. Please note: applicants must be Harvard PON alumni.
This new three-day program will take place at designated partner facilities in host countries, and will largely mirror the extremely popular Executive Education program that PON has offered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for more than 30 years.
One-Day Expert Programs - Online
The Program on Negotiation’s one-day programs are designed to help you become an “expert” in a specific content area. These programs are taught by faculty from Harvard Law School, Harvard Business School, and the Harvard Kennedy School. These one-day programs address tough negotiation problems— managing emotions, negotiating international deals, dealing with difficult people — all taught by the experts who literally wrote the books on them.