Great women leaders are no different than great male leaders—except that they may have faced more discrimination, lower expectations, and stronger resistance along the way. When women in leadership succeed, they often do so by cultivating successful negotiating skills. Here, we examine strategies that three top women in negotiation employed to become great women leaders. … Read More
You can download a copy of our FREE special report, Negotiation Strategies for Women: Secrets to Success, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School right now! We will send you a download link to your copy of the special report and notify you by email when we post new business negotiation advice and information on how to improve your dealmaking skills to our website.
great women leaders
The following items are tagged great women leaders:
Pay inequities and a lack of great women leaders in upper management remain enduring problems in the workplace. … Read More
Opening offers lie at the heart of any successful negotiation. Here are four negotiation fundamentals that any negotiator should take to heart. … Read More
- Negotiation Master Class November 2022 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring/Summer 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- How to Find the ZOPA in Business Negotiations
- Advice for Bargaining Abroad: Tips on How To Overcome Cultural Barriers
- Bargaining for a New Car: Real World Negotiations Examples
- Contract Negotiations and Business Communication: How to Write an Iron-Clad Contract
- Business Negotiation Skills to Curb Your Overconfidence
- Conflict Resolution
- Cognitive Biases in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution – Common Negotiation Mistakes
- MESO: Make Multiple Equivalent Simultaneous Offers to Create Value in Dealmaking Table
- What is Conflict Resolution, and How Does It Work?
- Negotiation Skills and Strategies: Winning Over Reluctant Counterparts
- How to Control Your Emotions in Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution
- Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Process
- Negotiation Case Studies: Google’s Approach to Dispute Resolution
- Difficult Situations at Work – Negotiation Skills for Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution on Facebook: Using a Negotiation Approach to Resolve a Conflict
- Alternative Dispute Resolution In-House: Mediation, Arbitration, or Med-Arb?
- International Negotiation
- Dear Negotiation Coach: How Can I Improve My Cross-Cultural Negotiation Skills?
- Dispute Resolution for India and Bangladesh
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- International Negotiations and Agenda Setting: Controlling the Flow of the Negotiation Process
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiation Research on Mediation Techniques: Focus on Interests
- Mediation vs Arbitration – The Alternative Dispute Resolution Process
- Interest-Based Negotiation: In Mediation, Focus on Your Goals
- Using E-Mediation and Online Mediation Techniques for Conflict Resolution
- Negotiations and Logrolling: Discover Opportunities to Generate Mutual Gains
- Negotiation Skills
- Body Language in Negotiation Can Build Rapport—Without Saying a Word
- Distributive Bargaining Strategies
- Negotiation Techniques To Get New Business Partnerships Off on the Right Foot
- Negotiation Skills Training: Define Your Negotiation Style
- Negotiation Skills: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback
- Negotiation Training
- Negotiation Training: What’s Special About Technology Negotiations?
- Best Negotiation Books: A Negotiation Reading List
- Use a Negotiation Preparation Worksheet for Continuous Improvement
- The Importance of a Relationship in Negotiation
- Ethics and Negotiation: 5 Principles of Negotiation to Boost Your Bargaining Skills in Business Situations
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Three-Party Coalition All-In-One Curriculum Package Now Available!
- The Collective Leadership Approach to Negotiating Climate Action
- Planning for Cyber Defense of Critical Urban Infrastructure
- Bakra Beverage All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Asynchronous Learning: Negotiation Exercises to Keep Students Engaged Outside the Classroom
- Win-Win Negotiations