Few negotiators can imagine negotiation scenarios more stressful than the kinds of crisis negotiations the New York City Police Department’s Hostage Negotiation Team undertake. But police negotiation techniques employed by the New York City Police Department’s Hostage Negotiations Team (HNT) in high-stakes, high-pressure crisis negotiation situations, outlined in an article from Jeff Thompson and Hugh … Read More
nypd hostage negotiation team
The following items are tagged nypd hostage negotiation team:
In typical negotiation skills training, we are taught to get beyond our emotions and look at situations rationally. There’s merit to this approach, of course, as feelings can cloud our judgment. But consider what Lieutenant Jack Cambria, who retired in August as the longest-running head of the New York Police Department’s (NYPD’s) hostage negotiation team, … Read More
- Negotiation Master Class May 2022 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring/Summer 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
- BATNA Basics: Boost Your Power at the Bargaining Table
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- The Star Wars Negotiations and Trust at the Negotiation Table
- Salary Negotiations in the NBA and Beyond
- Negotiation Research You Can Use: Are Women More or Less Likely than Men to Use Deceptive Tactics in Negotiation
- Dear Negotiation Coach: What Happens When a Business Contract Falls Apart?
- Emotion and the Art of Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Negotiation Tips: Listening Skills for Dealing with Difficult People
- How to Handle Difficult Customers
- How To Counteract Deceptive Tactics in Negotiation
- Dear Negotiation Coach: The Case for Lowering Your Salary Expectations
- Negotiation Tactics for Bargaining with Difficult People: The Comcast Merger
- Six Strategies for Creating Value at the Negotiation Table
- The Art of Negotiation: Anger Management at the Bargaining Table
- Negotiation Techniques: The First Offer Dilemma in Negotiations
- Understanding Exclusive Negotiation Periods in Business Negotiations
- Dealmaking: Relationship Rules for Dealmakers
- Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Resolution on Facebook: Using a Negotiation Approach to Resolve a Conflict
- Alternative Dispute Resolution In-House: Mediation, Arbitration, or Med-Arb?
- Dispute Resolution, NHL style
- What is Dispute System Design?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Determining the Right Compensation Offer After a Disaster
- International Negotiation
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- International Negotiations and Agenda Setting: Controlling the Flow of the Negotiation Process
- Famous Negotiators: Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiations and the Importance of Communication in International Business Deals
- Leadership Skills
- Servant Leadership and Warren Buffett’s Giving Pledge
- Managing Negotiators? Avoid 3 Common Negotiation Mistakes
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Will a Flexible Schedule Change Salary Expectations?
- Leadership Principles: The Importance of Follow-Through
- Negotiations, Gender, and Status at the Bargaining Table
- When Lose-Lose is the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- What Makes a Good Mediator?
- Mediation Training: What Can You Expect?
- Negotiation Research You Can Use: Moving from In-Person to Online Mediation
- Arbitration vs Mediation: The Definition of Mediation as a Problem Solving Process
- Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Sally Soprano All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Bidding in an International Business Negotiation: Euro-Idol
- Asynchronous Learning: Negotiation Exercises to Keep Students Engaged Outside the Classroom
- Learn from the Best with the Great Negotiator Case Studies
- Bakra Beverage All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Win-Win Negotiations