In sales negotiations, making the first offer is often a smart move. The first offer can anchor the discussion that follows and can have a powerful effect on the final outcome. But if the other party makes the first offer, you’ll need to be prepared to frame your counteroffer carefully. What is framing in negotiation? It … Read More
Learn how to negotiate like a diplomat, think on your feet like an improv performer, and master job offer negotiation like a professional athlete when you download a copy of our FREE special report, Negotiation Skills: Negotiation Strategies and Negotiation Techniques to Help You Become a Better Negotiator, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
negotiation skills for sales professionals
The following items are tagged negotiation skills for sales professionals:
In this Special Report, we offer expert advice from the ‘Negotiation’ newsletter to help you close your most important sales negotiations. … Read More
- PON Global — Online September and November 2021 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership Fall 2021 Brochure
- PON Global — Online July 2021 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership Summer 2021 Brochure
- Negotiation Master Class Spring 2021 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership Spring 2021 Brochure
- PON Global — Online February and March 2021 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Business Negotiations: How to Improve Your Reputation at the Bargaining Table
- Solutions for Avoiding Intercultural Barriers at the Negotiation Table
- 4 Sales Negotiation Traps—and How to Overcome Them
- Win-Win Bargaining: Private Negotiation, Public Auction, or Both?
- How Principal Agent Theory Works in Business Negotiations: Dealmaking Strategies for Bargaining with Agents
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Famous Negotiations Cases – NBA and the Power of Deadlines at the Bargaining Table
- Learning from crisis negotiations
- What is Crisis Management in Negotiation?
- Negotiation in the News: Last Negotiating Moves From A Never-Boring President
- Police Negotiation Techniques from the NYPD Crisis Negotiations Team
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution
- Difficult Situations at Work – Negotiation Skills for Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution on Facebook: Using a Negotiation Approach to Resolve a Conflict
- Alternative Dispute Resolution In-House: Mediation, Arbitration, or Med-Arb?
- Dispute Resolution, NHL style
- Settling Out of Court: Negotiating in the Shadow of the Law
- International Negotiation
- Dispute Resolution for India and Bangladesh
- India’s Direct Approach to Conflict Resolution
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- International Negotiations and Agenda Setting: Controlling the Flow of the Negotiation Process
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- In Email Negotiations, When They’re Happy, Do You Know it?
- Overconfidence About Future Failure or Success: Limiting Strategic Miscalculation in Business Negotiations
- Negotiation Research Says to Make Stronger First Offers in Multi-Issue Negotiations
- Four Strategies for Making Concessions in Negotiation
- An Example of the Anchoring Effect – What to Share in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Win-Win Negotiations