Organizations have long recognized the value of hiring professional mediators to help resolve disputes. More and more, managers have begun to also see value in securing mediation training for themselves and their employees. Although there are times when the services of an unbiased, professional mediator are needed, there may also be instances in which employees … Read More
Download the FREE special report from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, Mediation Secrets for Better Business Negotiations: Top Techniques from Mediation Training Experts, and you will discover mediation techniques for selecting the right mediator, understand the mediation process and learn how to engage the mediator to ensure a good outcome.
The following items are tagged mediation guidelines:
- Negotiation Master Class November 2022 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring/Summer 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Negotiating with the Enemy
- How to Handle Difficult Customers
- Negotiation Tactics for Bargaining with Difficult People: The Comcast Merger
- Ethics in Negotiations: How to Deal with Deception at the Bargaining Table
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- Dispute Resolution
- International Negotiation
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- International Negotiations and Agenda Setting: Controlling the Flow of the Negotiation Process
- Famous Negotiators: Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiations and the Importance of Communication in International Business Deals
- Leadership Skills
- When Lose-Lose is the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- What Makes a Good Mediator?
- Mediation Training: What Can You Expect?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Can External Advisers Hinder a Problem Solving Approach?
- Arbitration vs Mediation: The Definition of Mediation as a Problem Solving Process
- Negotiation Skills
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Is There a Negotiating Strategy That Will Make Ideas Resonate?
- Building Coalitions: Apple and the Art of Persuasion
- Negotiation Research Examines Ethics in Negotiating
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Moving From “Should” to “Could” in Difficult Ethical Situations
- 5 Common Negotiation Mistakes and How You Can Avoid Them
- Negotiation Training
- Best Negotiation Books: A Negotiation Reading List
- Use a Negotiation Preparation Worksheet for Continuous Improvement
- The Importance of a Relationship in Negotiation
- Ethics and Negotiation: 5 Principles of Negotiation to Boost Your Bargaining Skills in Business Situations
- 10 Negotiation Training Skills Every Organization Needs
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Teaching with Multi-Round Simulations: Balancing Internal and External Negotiations
- Teaching the Fundamentals: The Best Introductory Negotiation Role Play Simulations
- Planning Your Syllabus for Next Semester? Check Out the Brief Course Outlines from the TNRC
- Teaching Critical Leadership Skills
- Sally Soprano All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Win-Win Negotiations