Have you ever negotiated with someone who seemed intent on sabotaging the negotiation or taking unfair advantage? If so, you would benefit from learning more about what it mean to negotiate in good faith. … Read More
Discover step-by-step techniques for avoiding common business negotiation pitfalls when you download a copy of the FREE special report, Business Negotiation Strategies: How to Negotiate Better Business Deals, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
current business negotiations
The following items are tagged current business negotiations:
As dealmakers look for more sophisticated ways to reduce risks and increase returns, a right of first refusal—a contractual guarantee that one side can match any offer that the other side later receives—has become a common and useful tool to add to your business negotiation skills.
Build powerful negotiation skills and become a better dealmaker and leader. Download our FREE special report, Negotiation Skills: Negotiation Strategies and Negotiation Techniques to Help You Become a Better Negotiator, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation Master Class Fall 2021 Program Guide
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
- BATNA Basics: Boost Your Power at the Bargaining Table
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- How to Have Difficult Conversations During the Holidays and Beyond
- When Dealing with Difficult People, Try a Complementary Approach
- Beyond Walking Away: Facing a Hardball Strategy Head-on
- Examples of Difficult Situations at Work: Consensus and Negotiated Agreements
- Business Negotiation Skills: How to Enhance Your Negotiated Agreement
- Negotiating Skills: Learn How to Build Trust at the Negotiation Table
- Closing the Deal in Negotiations: 3 Tips for Sequential Dealmaking
- Closing the Deal in Negotiations: Should “Deal” Be a Dirty Word?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: How Should I Handle an Early Offer Negotiation?
- Dispute Resolution
- Repairing Relationships Using Negotiation Skills
- Patience is a Winning Negotiation Skill for Getting What You Want at the Negotiation Table
- Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Process
- Negotiation Case Studies: Google’s Approach to Dispute Resolution
- What are the Three Basic Types of Dispute Resolution? What to Know About Mediation, Arbitration, and Litigation
- International Negotiation
- Cross Cultural Communication: Translation and Negotiation
- International Negotiations and Cognitive Biases in Negotiation
- Diplomatic Negotiations: The Surprising Benefits of Conflict and Teamwork at the Negotiation Table
- Elements of Negotiation Style: Angela Merkel
- Dispute Resolution for India and Bangladesh
- Leadership Skills
- How to Negotiate in Cross-Cultural Situations
- Leadership Styles in Negotiation: The Case of Ebay and Paypal
- Leadership Skills in Negotiation: How to Negotiate Equity Incentives with Senior Management
- Negotiation Skills and Bargaining Techniques from Female Executives
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Confronting Unconscious Bias Constructively
- Negotiation Skills
- To Achieve a Win Win Situation, First Negotiate with Yourself
- VIDEO: William Ury on “Getting to Yes with Yourself”
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Is There a Negotiating Strategy That Will Make Ideas Resonate?
- Negotiation Advice: When to Make the First Offer in Negotiation
- Stonewalling in Negotiations: Risks and Pitfalls
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Win-Win Negotiations