If you work with others, sooner or later you will almost inevitably face the need for conflict resolution. You may need to mediate a dispute between two members of your department. Or you may find yourself angered by something a colleague reportedly said about you in a meeting. Or you may need to engage in … Read More
When you download the New Conflict Management: Effective Conflict Resolution Strategies to Avoid Litigation you will learn how wise negotiators extract unexpected value using an indirect approach to conflict management.
conflict resolution methods
Include mediation, arbitration, and negotiation.
The following items are tagged conflict resolution methods:
When it comes to conflict resolution, surprisingly useful nuggets of advice come from the realm of international conflict. Take the Camp David Accords of 1978, as described minute-by-minute by Lawrence Wright in his new book, Thirteen Days in September. U.S. President Jimmy Carter made history by negotiating a peaceful end to the conflict between Israel … Read More
- Negotiation Master Class November 2022 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring/Summer 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- A Case Study of Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Advanced Negotiation Strategies and Concepts: Hostage Negotiation Tips for Business Negotiators
- How to Manage Conflict at Work
- Conflict Management Skills When Dealing with an Angry Public
- Away from the Podium and Off to the Balcony: William Ury Discusses the Debt Ceiling Negotiations Facing Obama and US Congressional Republicans
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Team Negotiation: Tackle Common Pitfalls
- What is Distributive Negotiation and Five Proven Strategies
- Power in Negotiation: Examples of Being Overly Committed to the Deal
- MESO Negotiation: The Benefits of Making Multiple Equivalent Simultaneous Offers in Business Negotiations
- What Leads to Renegotiation?
- Dispute Resolution
- Patience is a Winning Negotiation Skill for Getting What You Want at the Negotiation Table
- Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Process
- Negotiation Case Studies: Google’s Approach to Dispute Resolution
- Difficult Situations at Work – Negotiation Skills for Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution on Facebook: Using a Negotiation Approach to Resolve a Conflict
- International Negotiation
- Diplomatic Negotiations: The Surprising Benefits of Conflict and Teamwork at the Negotiation Table
- Dear Negotiation Coach: How Can I Improve My Cross-Cultural Negotiation Skills?
- Dispute Resolution for India and Bangladesh
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- Leadership Skills
- Leadership Skills in Negotiation: How to Negotiate Equity Incentives with Senior Management
- What Is Collective Leadership?
- Negotiation Skills and Bargaining Techniques from Female Executives
- Great Women Leaders Negotiate
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Leadership Styles: Uncovering Bias and Generating Mutual Gains
- How Mediation Can Help Resolve Pro Sports Disputes
- Negotiation Research on Mediation Techniques: Focus on Interests
- Mediation vs Arbitration – The Alternative Dispute Resolution Process
- Interest-Based Negotiation: In Mediation, Focus on Your Goals
- Using E-Mediation and Online Mediation Techniques for Conflict Resolution
- Negotiation Skills
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Managing Expectations and “Being Nice”
- Value Claiming in Negotiation
- Ask A Negotiation Expert: Learning From Humanitarian Negotiations Amid International Conflict
- Negotiation Strategies: Emotional Expression at the Bargaining Table
- Body Language in Negotiation Can Build Rapport—Without Saying a Word
- Negotiation Training
- Negotiation Training: What’s Special About Technology Negotiations?
- Best Negotiation Books: A Negotiation Reading List
- Use a Negotiation Preparation Worksheet for Continuous Improvement
- The Importance of a Relationship in Negotiation
- Ethics and Negotiation: 5 Principles of Negotiation to Boost Your Bargaining Skills in Business Situations
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Sally Soprano All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Planning Your Syllabus for Next Semester? Check Out the Brief Course Outlines from the TNRC
- Three-Party Coalition All-In-One Curriculum Package Now Available!
- The Collective Leadership Approach to Negotiating Climate Action
- Planning for Cyber Defense of Critical Urban Infrastructure
- Win-Win Negotiations