Why are some negotiation exercises still used in a great many university classes even twenty years after they were written? In an effort to understand more about the enduring quality of some classic teaching materials, we asked faculty affiliated with PON to explain why they think some role play simulations remain bestsellers in the Clearinghouse … Read More
Pedagogy at PON is dedicated to improving the way people teach and learn about negotiation and dispute resolution. Incorporating and expanding on the historical mission of the Teaching Negotiation Resource Center, Pedagogy at PON serves as an intellectual focal point for negotiation education through research, curriculum development, training, and networking. The mission of Pedagogy at PON is to
- contribute to the growing field of negotiation and dispute resolution pedagogy through research and publications;
- support experienced and next-generation negotiation and dispute resolution educators through workshops, idea exchanges, and other educator-focused events;
- foster connections between communities of negotiation and dispute resolution educators and scholars;
- develop and distribute teaching materials that are useful in skills-based negotiation and dispute resolution instruction; and
- explore and test the application of new technologies to improve teaching and learning about negotiation and dispute resolution.