On November 4, 2006, Roger Fisher and Daniel Shapiro were awarded the prestigious Cloke-Millen Award by the Southern California Mediation Association. Formerly the “Peacemaker of the Year” prize, the award is given each year to an outstanding professional working in mediation, negotiation or dispute resolution.
Dr. Shapiro also delivered the keynote address, which was described as “nothing short of mesmerizing,” at the SCMA Annual Meeting.
Roger Fisher is the Director of the Harvard Negotiation Project and the Williston Professor of Law Emeritus at Harvard Law School, where he has taught since 1958. He is a co-author, with Dan Shapiro, of Beyond Reason: Using Emotions to Negotiate.
Dan Shapiro is a lecturer at HLS, assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School/McLean Hospital, Associate Director of the Harvard Negotiation Project, and Director of the International Negotiation Initiative.
- Bridging the Religious Divide: Transforming Conflict when Emotions and Religion are at Play
- Hong Kong Lawyer Benny Tai Inspired by Harvard Negotiation Project Authors
- Before Your Next Fight, Read This!
- International Negotiation Role Playing: Systems Thinking and Peace-Building
- The Emotional Dimension of Global Security