- Understand why some conversations are so challenging—and what you can do about it
- Prevent serious disagreements from crippling your organization
- Overcome difficult tactics and effectively respond to emotions (both yours and others’)
- Gain strategies to foster successful relationships
- Enhance your fundamental listening skills
- Bridge the gulf of real differences in what people believe and feel
- Strengthen your leadership by confronting adversity with aplomb
- Keep your team moving forward and on target
Incorporating interactive exercises, coaching, feedback, and on-the-spot experimentation, this program shows you how to internalize effective strategies and execute them to achieve productive conversations and the results you want.
Every participant will receive a free copy of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most.
Bruce Patton is co-founder and Distinguished Fellow of the Harvard Negotiation Project. A pioneer in teaching negotiation at Harvard Law School, where he has taught since 1981, he is co-author with Roger Fisher and William Ury of the seminal best seller Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In, and with Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most. Patton has been involved in managing numerous international conflicts, and he advises many of the world’s largest corporations.
Douglas Stone is a lecturer at Harvard Law School and has taught the art of negotiation around the world. Stone is co-author, along with Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen, of the New York Times business best seller Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, and with Heen of the acclaimed Thanks for the Feedback.
Combine this author session with the Negotiation and Leadership and receive a total discounted rate.
Negotiation and Leadership 3-day Program: $3,497
Author Session 1-day Program: $1,750
Save $750 when you attend both:
Negotiation and Leadership and Difficult Conversations: $4,497
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138