IN THIS ISSUE
- Working on multiple deals? Look for ways to connect the dots
The New York Yankees turned a pair of recent negotiations into winning outcomes for everyone involved.
- Negotiation in the News: Greece’s bad deal gets worse
A brinksmanship approach to crisis negotiations backfires.
- The Pros and Cons of Backchannel Negotiations
In the public sector, top-secret talks often run parallel to more official dealmaking. When deciding whether to take your own negotiations underground, anticipate the risks.
- Negotiation Research You Can Use
Capitalizing on emotional intelligence.
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Are You So Nice It Hurts?
Should expectations of reciprocity and equal treatment be the norm in negotiations?
IN FUTURE ISSUES
Make a better first impression
Selling the deal back home
Learn how to deal with difficult people and problems in our three-day Negotiation and Leadership course, held September 15–17 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Visit www.executive.pon.harvard.edu to find out more.
Download the NEW Negotiation Briefings Special Report, “Real Leaders Negotiate: Understanding the Difference Between Leadership and Management,” by visiting www.pon.harvard.edu/free-reports