Women remain vastly underrepresented in organizational leadership positions in the United States and beyond. Leadership homogeneity can lead to gender-biased decisions that harm not only women employees but also organizations as a whole—including in the context of employment negotiations. In 2018, top track and field athletes revealed how their corporate sponsors penalized them for becoming … Read More
You can download a copy of our FREE special report, Negotiation Strategies for Women: Secrets to Success, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School right now! We will send you a download link to your copy of the special report and notify you by email when we post new business negotiation advice and information on how to improve your dealmaking skills to our website.
women in leadership roles
The following items are tagged women in leadership roles:
For decades, as women have filled the workforce and entered careers once closed to them, a stubborn statistic has persisted: They earn significantly less than men. In 2017, the average woman took home only about 82 cents for every dollar earned by a man, according to the Pew Research Center. Women are also much less likely … Read More
- Negotiation Master Class November 2022 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring/Summer 2022 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership March and April 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Negotiating with the Enemy
- How to Handle Difficult Customers
- Negotiation Tactics for Bargaining with Difficult People: The Comcast Merger
- Ethics in Negotiations: How to Deal with Deception at the Bargaining Table
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- Dispute Resolution
- International Negotiation
- Cross Cultural Negotiations in International Business: Four Negotiation Tips for Bargaining in China
- Famous Negotiators: Tony Blair’s 10 Principles to Guide Diplomats in International Conflict Resolution
- International Negotiations and Agenda Setting: Controlling the Flow of the Negotiation Process
- Famous Negotiators: Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiations and the Importance of Communication in International Business Deals
- Leadership Skills
- When Lose-Lose is the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- What Makes a Good Mediator?
- Mediation Training: What Can You Expect?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Can External Advisers Hinder a Problem Solving Approach?
- Arbitration vs Mediation: The Definition of Mediation as a Problem Solving Process
- Negotiation Skills
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Is There a Negotiating Strategy That Will Make Ideas Resonate?
- Building Coalitions: Apple and the Art of Persuasion
- Negotiation Research Examines Ethics in Negotiating
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Moving From “Should” to “Could” in Difficult Ethical Situations
- 5 Common Negotiation Mistakes and How You Can Avoid Them
- Negotiation Training
- Best Negotiation Books: A Negotiation Reading List
- Use a Negotiation Preparation Worksheet for Continuous Improvement
- The Importance of a Relationship in Negotiation
- Ethics and Negotiation: 5 Principles of Negotiation to Boost Your Bargaining Skills in Business Situations
- 10 Negotiation Training Skills Every Organization Needs
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Teaching the Fundamentals: The Best Introductory Negotiation Role Play Simulations
- Planning Your Syllabus for Next Semester? Check Out the Brief Course Outlines from the TNRC
- Teaching Critical Leadership Skills
- Sally Soprano All-In-One Curriculum Package is Now Available!
- Teaching with Multi-Round Simulations: Balancing Internal and External Negotiations
- Win-Win Negotiations