On March 2, 2013, the Harvard Negotiation Law Review held their 2013 Symposium, entitled “Ideas and Impact: Roger Fisher’s Legacy.” This event celebrated Professor Fisher, co-founder of the Harvard Negotiation Project and the Program on Negotiation. Professor Fisher passed away last summer. During the day-long event, distinguished panelists explored current trends and opportunities for aspiring scholars … Read
Learn how to negotiate like a diplomat, think on your feet like an improv performer, and master job offer negotiation like a professional athlete when you download a copy of our FREE special report, Negotiation Skills: Negotiation Strategies and Negotiation Techniques to Help You Become a Better Negotiator, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
David A. Hoffman
David A. Hoffman teaches the Mediation course at Harvard Law School where he is the John H. Watson Jr. Lecturer on Law. He is an attorney, mediator, arbitrator, and founding member of Boston Law Collaborative, LLC. As a mediator and arbitrator, he has handled over 1,000 cases involving family, business, employment, and other disputes. He is past chair of the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution, and a Distinguished Fellow in the International Academy of Mediators. David is a graduate of Princeton University, Cornell University, and Harvard Law School, where he was an editor of the Harvard Law Review.
The following items are tagged David A. Hoffman:
- Negotiation Master Class May 2023 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring 2023 Program Guide
- Negotiation Essentials Online (NEO) January 2023 Program Guide – Online Only
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- When Dealing with Difficult People, Try a Complementary Approach
- Examples of Difficult Situations at Work: Consensus and Negotiated Agreements
- Dealing with Difficult People and Negotiation: When Should You Give Up the Fight?
- Dispute Resolution: Building Momentum through Small Wins
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Will Your First Offer Be in the Right Ballpark?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Negotiating a Win Win Relationship with Friends
- Business Negotiation Skills: How to Enhance Your Negotiated Agreement
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Managing Expectations of Our Own
- Negotiating Skills: Learn How to Build Trust at the Negotiation Table
- Dispute Resolution
- Using Principled Negotiation to Resolve Disagreements
- How to Write a Contract That Doesn’t Leave Room for Interpretation
- Repairing Relationships Using Negotiation Skills
- Patience is a Winning Negotiation Skill for Getting What You Want at the Negotiation Table
- Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Process
- International Negotiation
- Leadership Skills
- For Women Negotiating Salary, “Do It Yourself” Sends the Wrong Message
- How to Negotiate in Cross-Cultural Situations
- What Is Facilitative Leadership?
- Leadership Styles in Negotiation: The Case of Ebay and Paypal
- Leadership Skills in Negotiation: How to Negotiate Equity Incentives with Senior Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Planning Your Syllabus for Next Semester? Check Out the Brief Course Outlines from the TNRC
- The Best New Simulations
- Teach Your Students to Take Their Mediation Skills to the Next Level
- Teaching with Multi-Round Simulations: Balancing Internal and External Negotiations
- Camp Lemonnier: Negotiating a Lease Agreement for a Key Military Base in Africa
- Win-Win Negotiations