Sara is a Lecturer on Law at Harvard Law School and a Clinical Instructor in the Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinical Program (HNMCP). In addition to supervising student teams on client projects, she is a member of the teaching team for the Negotiation Workshop and other courses on conflict management theory and practice, and facilitates … Read Sara del Nido Budish
When you download the New Conflict Management: Effective Conflict Resolution Strategies to Avoid Litigation you will learn how wise negotiators extract unexpected value using an indirect approach to conflict management.
conflict management theory
The foundational ideas and concepts pertaining to conflict management, drawn from a diverse set of fields such as law, psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, and business.
The following items are tagged conflict management theory:
- Negotiation Master Class May 2023 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Spring 2023 Program Guide
- Negotiation Essentials Online (NEO) January 2023 Program Guide – Online Only
- Negotiation and Leadership In-Person Fall 2022 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- When Dealing with Difficult People, Try a Complementary Approach
- Examples of Difficult Situations at Work: Consensus and Negotiated Agreements
- Dealing with Difficult People and Negotiation: When Should You Give Up the Fight?
- Dispute Resolution: Building Momentum through Small Wins
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Will Your First Offer Be in the Right Ballpark?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Negotiating a Win Win Relationship with Friends
- Business Negotiation Skills: How to Enhance Your Negotiated Agreement
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Managing Expectations of Our Own
- Negotiating Skills: Learn How to Build Trust at the Negotiation Table
- Dispute Resolution
- Using Principled Negotiation to Resolve Disagreements
- How to Write a Contract That Doesn’t Leave Room for Interpretation
- Repairing Relationships Using Negotiation Skills
- Patience is a Winning Negotiation Skill for Getting What You Want at the Negotiation Table
- Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Process
- International Negotiation
- Leadership Skills
- For Women Negotiating Salary, “Do It Yourself” Sends the Wrong Message
- How to Negotiate in Cross-Cultural Situations
- What Is Facilitative Leadership?
- Leadership Styles in Negotiation: The Case of Ebay and Paypal
- Leadership Skills in Negotiation: How to Negotiate Equity Incentives with Senior Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Planning Your Syllabus for Next Semester? Check Out the Brief Course Outlines from the TNRC
- The Best New Simulations
- Teach Your Students to Take Their Mediation Skills to the Next Level
- Teaching with Multi-Round Simulations: Balancing Internal and External Negotiations
- Camp Lemonnier: Negotiating a Lease Agreement for a Key Military Base in Africa
- Win-Win Negotiations