Sara is a Lecturer on Law at Harvard Law School and a Clinical Instructor in the Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinical Program (HNMCP). In addition to supervising student teams on client projects, she is a member of the teaching team for the Negotiation Workshop and other courses on conflict management theory and practice, and facilitates
When you download the New Conflict Management: Effective Conflict Resolution Strategies to Avoid Litigation you will learn how wise negotiators extract unexpected value using an indirect approach to conflict management.
conflict management theory
The foundational ideas and concepts pertaining to conflict management, drawn from a diverse set of fields such as law, psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science, and business.
The following items are tagged conflict management theory:
- Negotiation and Leadership Fall 2021 Brochure
- Negotiation and Leadership Summer 2021 Brochure
- Negotiation Master Class Spring 2021 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership Spring 2021 Brochure
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- NEW FREE REPORT! Salary Negotiations
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- What is Crisis Management in Negotiation?
- Famous Negotiations Cases – NBA and the Power of Deadlines at the Bargaining Table
- Learning from crisis negotiations
- Negotiation in the News: Last Negotiating Moves From A Never-Boring President
- Police Negotiation Techniques from the NYPD Crisis Negotiations Team
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing Difficult Conversations: Achieving Objectives with Backmapping Negotiation Strategies
- When Dealing with Difficult People, Try a Complementary Approach
- Examples of Difficult Situations at Work: Consensus and Negotiated Agreements
- Dealing with Difficult People and Negotiation: When Should You Give Up the Fight?
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Building Trust with Reluctant Counterparts
- Dispute Resolution
- International Negotiation
- Leadership Skills
- Dear Negotiation Coach: Do Leading Negotiation Experts Practice What they Preach?
- How to Negotiate in Cross-Cultural Situations
- Leadership Styles in Negotiation: The Case of Ebay and Paypal
- Leadership Skills in Negotiation: How to Negotiate Equity Incentives with Senior Management
- Negotiation Skills and Bargaining Techniques from Female Executives
- Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- Win-Win Negotiations