Even when we’re engaged in aggressive negotiations, we can still frame things to keep the proceedings amicable. In a paper published in the Negotiation Journal, University of Amsterdam researchers Diyan Nikolov Grigorov and A. Francisca Snoeck Henkemans suggest that a particular kind of question may be especially useful when delivering offers and proposals in negotiation: hypothetical … Read More
Learn how to negotiate like a diplomat, think on your feet like an improv performer, and master job offer negotiation like a professional athlete when you download a copy of our FREE special report, Negotiation Skills: Negotiation Strategies and Negotiation Techniques to Help You Become a Better Negotiator, from the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
The following items are tagged aggressive negotiations:
- Beyond the Back Table Spring 2024 Program Guide
- Negotiation Master Class May 2024 Program Guide
- Negotiation and Leadership Spring 2024 Program Guide
- Negotiation Essentials Online (NEO) Spring, Summer, and Fall 2023 Program Guide
- Make the Most of Online Negotiations
- Managing Multiparty Negotiations
- Getting the Deal Done
- Salary Negotiation: How to Negotiate Salary: Learn the Best Techniques to Help You Manage the Most Difficult Salary Negotiations and What You Need to Know When Asking for a Raise
- Overcoming Cultural Barriers in Negotiation: Cross Cultural Communication Techniques and Negotiation Skills From International Business and Diplomacy
- Negotiation Training: How Harvard Negotiation Exercises, Negotiation Cases and Good Negotiation Coaching Can Make You a Better Negotiator
Teaching Negotiation Resource Center
Preparing for Negotiation
Understanding how to arrange the meeting space is a key aspect of preparing for negotiation. In this video, Professor Guhan Subramanian discusses a real world example of how seating arrangements can influence a negotiator’s success. This discussion was held at the 3 day executive education workshop for senior executives at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School.
Guhan Subramanian is the Professor of Law and Business at the Harvard Law School and Professor of Business Law at the Harvard Business School.
Articles & Insights
- Business Negotiations
- Amazon–Whole Foods Negotiation: Did the Exclusive Courtship Move Too Fast?
- Solutions for Avoiding Intercultural Barriers at the Negotiation Table
- Successes & Messes: A Notoriously Bad Business Contract
- Beware the Winner’s Curse in Auctions
- Negotiation Skills in Business Negotiation and Status Consciousness
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Negotiations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Dispute Resolution
- The Door in the Face Technique: Will It Backfire?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Examples: Restorative Justice
- Three Questions to Ask About the Dispute Resolution Process
- The Importance of Power in Negotiations: Taylor Swift Shakes it Off
- Emotional Triggers: How Emotions Affect Your Negotiating Ability
- International Negotiation
- Leadership Skills
- Moral Leadership: Do Women Negotiate More Ethically than Men?
- What Is Facilitative Leadership?
- Negotiations, Gender, and Status at the Bargaining Table
- Participative Leadership: What It Can Do for Organizations
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Leadership Styles: Uncovering Bias and Generating Mutual Gains
- Why is Negotiation Important: Mediation in Transactional Negotiations
- How Mediation Can Help Resolve Pro Sports Disputes
- Undecided on Your Dispute Resolution Process? Combine Mediation and Arbitration, Known as Med-Arb
- What Makes a Good Mediator?
- Arbitration vs Mediation: The Definition of Mediation as a Problem Solving Process
- Negotiation Skills
- Negotiation Training
- Salary Negotiations
- Teaching Negotiation
- New Simulation: Negotiating a Management Crisis
- Teaching with Multi-Round Simulations: Balancing Internal and External Negotiations
- Camp Lemonnier: Negotiating a Lease Agreement for a Key Military Base in Africa
- Check Out the All-In-One Curriculum Packages!
- Planning for Cyber Defense of Critical Urban Infrastructure
- Win-Win Negotiations
Lost your password? Create a new password of your choice.
Copyright © 2023 Negotiation Daily. All rights reserved.