Beyond addressing the current humanitarian crisis in Darfur, how can long-term peace and security be forged in Sudan? On October 29, 2004, a distinguished panel of academics and practitioners joined us at Harvard Law School to explore Sudan’s interrelated conflicts and mediation efforts. Panelists surveyed Sudan’s turbulent history, internal conflict dynamics, and the ongoing peace talks.
Members of the panel included:
- Osama Abdelgadier, Framingham State College
- Abdelbagi Abushanab, Darfur Rehabilitation Project
- Rogaia Mustafa Abusharaf, Tufts University
- John Prendergast, International Crisis Group
- Alex de Waal, Justice Africa