Session Leaders: Sheila Heen and Douglas Stone
Whether dealing with a challenging customer, a difficult supplier, an unhappy employee, an unreasonable official, or a demanding boss, we all have conversations we anticipate with dread. Gain the strategies, tools, and frameworks you need to manage difficult conversations effectively in this one-day program led by negotiation experts Bruce Patton and Douglas Stone.From the boardroom to the factory floor, your ability to manage difficult conversations is key to your effectiveness. Leveraging more than 30 years of research from the Harvard Negotiation Project, Heen and Stone will help you:
- Understand why some conversations are so challenging—and what you can do about it
- Prevent serious disagreements from crippling your organization
- Overcome difficult tactics and effectively respond to emotions (both yours and others’)
- Gain strategies to foster successful relationships
- Enhance your fundamental listening skills
- Bridge the gulf of real differences in what people believe and feel
- Strengthen your leadership by confronting adversity with aplomb
- Keep your team moving forward and on target
Incorporating interactive exercises, coaching, feedback, and on-the-spot experimentation, this program shows you how to internalize effective strategies and execute them to achieve productive conversations and the results you want.
Every participant will receive a free copy of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most.
Sheila Heen is Co-founder of the Harvard Negotiation Project; Co-author of Getting to YES and Difficult Conversations.
Douglas Stone is a lecturer at Harvard Law School and has taught the art of negotiation around the world. Stone is co-author, along with Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen, of the New York Times business best seller Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, and with Heen of the acclaimed Thanks for the Feedback.
Combine this author session with the Negotiation and Leadership and receive a total discounted rate.
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Combine this author session with Negotiation and Leadership and receive a total discounted rate.
Negotiation and Leadership: $3,997
Author Session: $1,997
Save $997 when you attend both:
Negotiation and Leadership with One-Day Author Session: $4,997