Conflict and Negotiation (CC 266)
FALL and SPRING 2012/2013
Department of Communication Studies
Study conflict theory and principles and practices of dispute resolution. Includes everyday conflict, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution systems. Emphasis on interpersonal skills development. (Fall: Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.; Spring: Tuesday and Thursday 4:00-5:45 p.m.)
- International Negotiation Role Playing: Systems Thinking and Peace-Building
- Mediation vs Arbitration – The Alternative Dispute Resolution Process
- Employee Grievances: Most Legal Disputes are Resolved in Litigation or Arbitration?
- How Does Mediation Work in a Lawsuit?
- Arbitration vs Mediation: How Negotiators Can Effectively Use Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)