Conflict and Negotiation (CC 266)
FALL and SPRING 2012/2013
Department of Communication Studies
Study conflict theory and principles and practices of dispute resolution. Includes everyday conflict, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution systems. Emphasis on interpersonal skills development. (Fall: Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.; Spring: Tuesday and Thursday 4:00-5:45 p.m.)
- How to Deal with a Difficult Mediator
- What is an Arbitration Agreement?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Training: Mediation Curriculum
- Employee Grievances: Most Legal Disputes are Resolved in Litigation or Arbitration?
- How Does Mediation Work in a Lawsuit? Negotiation Research Sheds Light on Mediated Agreements and Negotiated Settlements