Dr. Shula Gilad, Senior Fellow at the Program on Negotiation, recently helped launch an innovative new program for high school students in Israel. With support from the Office of Public Affairs of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, the Program on Negotiation co-sponsored three two-day workshops, which brought together a total of 180 Arab and Jewish students for training on negotiation and conflict resolution.
Working with facilitators from Israeli Palestinian Negotiation Partners (IPNP), faculty encouraged the students to consider new ways of approaching conflict, and to look for creative solutions to seemingly intractable problems. Students also benefitted from the opportunity to build cross-cultural friendships and practice their English language skills.
In this video, Dr. Gilad and other facilitators share some reflections on the value of these innovative workshops.
- Top Negotiation Case Studies
- PON Film Series Event: Mediating Public Disputes on Fracking
- The Role of Urban Planners in Negotiations: Case Study of Israeli-Palestinian Negotiations
- A Common Ground Approach to Societal Conflict Resolution
- Video: Professor Robert Mnookin leads negotiation skills training for Jewish and Arab students in Israel