From the boardroom to the factory floor, your ability to manage difficult conversations is key to your effectiveness. Leveraging more than 30 years of research from the Harvard Negotiation Project, Patton and Stone will help you:
- Understand why some conversations are so challenging—and what you can do about it
- Prevent serious disagreements from crippling your organization
- Overcome difficult tactics and effectively respond to emotions (both yours and others’)
- Gain strategies to foster successful relationships
- Enhance your fundamental listening skills
- Bridge the gulf of real differences in what people believe and feel
- Strengthen your leadership by confronting adversity with aplomb
- Keep your team moving forward and on target
Incorporating interactive exercises, coaching, feedback, and on-the-spot experimentation, this program shows you how to internalize effective strategies and execute them to achieve productive conversations and the results you want.
Every participant will receive a free copy of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most.
Bruce Patton is co-founder and Distinguished Fellow of the Harvard Negotiation Project. A pioneer in teaching negotiation at Harvard Law School, where he has taught since 1981, he is co-author with Roger Fisher and William Ury of the seminal best seller Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In, and with Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen of Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most. Patton has been involved in managing numerous international conflicts, and he advises many of the world’s largest corporations.
Douglas Stone is a lecturer at Harvard Law School and has taught the art of negotiation around the world. Stone is co-author, along with Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen, of the New York Times business best seller Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, and with Heen of the acclaimed Thanks for the Feedback.
Combine this author session with the Negotiation and Leadership and receive a total discounted rate.
Negotiation and Leadership 3-day Program: $3,497
Author Session 1-day Program: $1,750
Save $750 when you attend both:
Negotiation and Leadership and Difficult Conversations: $4,497
The Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138